St. Paul’s is a traditional Rite II worshiping community and seeks a Choir Director with knowledge of the Episcopal liturgy. Our worship, while traditional, seeks to incorporate a variety of music from the Christian tradition and other instruments when available. There is currently one choir, which sings for 10:30 am Sunday worship services, for special holiday services during the Advent, Christmas, Lenten, and Easter seasons, and for other special events in the life of the church.
Music is an integral part of the life of this parish and serves an important role in worship. The music program creates opportunities for both church members and members of the community to be drawn into and meaningfully engaged in the church. Therefore, we desire someone who can create and lead a hand bell choir and create a consistent opportunity for children to participate in music in the future.
Rehearsals currently are scheduled for Wednesday evenings. Additional rehearsals, specifically for holiday events such as Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday, are scheduled at the discretion of the Choir Director.
· Select anthems appropriate to the liturgical calendar
· Rehearse choir in cooperation with the organist, and instruct as needed
· Lead choir in all choral music of the principal Sunday service and special services, as negotiated
· Assess current library of music and purchase music as needed per budget
· Collaborate and communicate with Rector and organist to ensure joyful music is integrated into the life and ministry of St. Paul’s. Quarterly planning meetings required with consistent communication in between.
· Hire and rehearse with instrumentalists for holidays
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music with concentration in voice, or equivalent life experience • Work toward Master’s Degree in Music preferred • Previous exposure to the Episcopal Church with basic understanding of Episcopal theology as it relates to vocal music, also preferred
• Desire to work with all ages and abilities; desire to worship God in a joyful way sharing your gifts and musical talents; creativity.
• This is a quarter time position requiring about 15 hours a week through December 31st , 2019.
• Interim Director may apply for long-term position.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and three references to: Rev. Kedron Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rev. Kedron Nicholson has 16 years of ordained ministry in the Episcopal Church joyfully helping all ages engage the Gospel through worship, education and service. She is a graduate of the University of Georgia, where she earned her degree in anthropology. She entered seminary at Virginia Theological Seminary, graduating in 2002 and was ordained deacon and priest in the Diocese of Atlanta.
She is passionate about outreach and says that Matthew 25 is a guiding light in her life— Jesus said, “When you did it to the least of these, you did it unto me.” Philippians 4:4 is also central to her life, “Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say Rejoice!”
Connie McNeill, Sr. Warden
Tim Day, Jr. Warden
Bill Harris, Secretary
John Harwell, Treasurer